Assignment: IAT results
Assignment: IAT results
You must take an online Implicit Association Tests (IAT) this week. IAT tests can be found at the following web site: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/takeatest.html (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. When clicking the link, you will select ‘Project Implicit Social Attitudes.’ You do not need to register. Select continue as a guest. You will then see an explanation of the IAT along with a disclaimer. Select ‘I Wish To Proceed.’ On the next screen you will see a series of IAT tests from which to choose.
This week you will complete the ‘Gender-Career” IAT.
-After completing the IAT you need to:Upload or attach a copy of your IAT results to the discussion board.
-Answer the following questions in your discussion answer:What were your IAT results?Why do you think you received these results?Do you agree with your IAT results? Why or why not?Discuss why you may have developed any biases you may have.
500 word count
Create an outline for the “Marginalized Group Career Counseling Essay” in Topic 8. USE THE ATTACHED FORM TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE COVERED EVERYTHING HE WANTS ON THE OUTLINE.
Include at least four required scholarly references for the paper in your outline.(not more than 5 years old)
Refer to “Four Main Components for Effective Outlines,” located on the Purdue OWL website for help in completing your assignment.
This assignment uses a scoring guide. Please review the scoring guide prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
TEXTBOOK REFERENCE: Brown, S.D., & Lent, R.W. (2013). Career development and counseling: Putting theory and research to work (2nd ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons. ISBN-13: 9781118063354.
HERE IS THE ASSIGNMENT FOR WEEK 8-
For this assignment you will select a marginalized group (veterans, minorities, individuals with disabilities, etc.) and write a paper of 1,750 to 2,100 words that can be used as a resource when working with an individual from the selected group. Use peer-reviewed resources to support your use of a specific career theory as well as interventions with this population. The paper should include the following:
- An explanation of who the population is and why it is important for this group to receive career counseling
- Statistics on the group (e.g., how large, how many have employment problems, how many utilize career counseling)
- Discussion of career counseling theory to be used with the group (e.g., Minnesota theory of work adjustment). Include evidence supporting the use of this theory in the general population as well as within the group. Please note: If none are available, it is important to indicate that as well.
- Basic plan for counseling utilizing chosen theory (e.g., interview, use of assessment tools, explanation of theory)
- Environmental/personal barriers that may prevent the client from finding work (e.g., disability, substance use history, felony, transportation, limited computer access)
- Local resources available to help the client obtain work (e.g., job center, training programs, support groups)
- Your conclusion on whether or not this plan is tenable and will work, based on the information listed above.
- A minimum of four scholarly references.